76. The Metro-Boston Library System only lets you request holds on fifty books at a time, which is why I have a list of 99 waiting-to-be-helds.
77. I am not what you would call a Red Hot Chili Peppers fan per se — I don’t own any of their albums, I haven’t downloaded any of their songs, etc. — but there is something I find remarkably soothing about Anthony Kiedis’s voice. It’s almost as soothing to me as Ina Garten’s (see here).
78. It’s not cool to admit this, but my favorite cookie is Chips Ahoy! Gets me every time.
79. I have a very specific pattern that I follow closely when I put on makeup. It’s stretched out over a period of time, so it doesn’t take as long as it seems since I do things like brush my teeth and wash my eyeglasses in between stages. First, assuming I have clean skin, I moisturize my face and neck. Then I wait something like five to ten minutes for it to absorb. Second, I put on a thin layer of foundation, followed by blush. Since I am currently using a gel stain, I have to wait something like ten minutes until it too has absorbed. Third, I dust my face with loose powder, dab on some eye shadow, line my lids with another shadow and an angled brush, curl my lashes and apply mascara. This last step takes about five minutes. Basically, if I caved and bought the $42 tinted moisturizer I used to use and broke out the powder blush I purchased to replace my almost-finished gel stain, I could cut ten minutes out of my routine.
80. If it were possible to start each day with a consequence-free breakfast of a fat toasted garlic bagel topped with an inch of cream cheese and a layer of smoked salmon, I totally would. And by “consequence-free” I mean no weight gain and no bad breath.