Here’s a small list of items I wouldn’t mind unwrapping on December 25, in alphabetical order.
- Best Food Writing 2008 edited by Holly Hughes
- Commercial-grade cookie sheets x 2
- Influence by Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen
- iPod nano, in either orange or purple
- Mad Men, seasons one and two
- On the Line by Eric Ripert and Christine Muhlke
- Salt and pepper piglets from Nigella Lawson
- Suite Française by Irène Némirovsky
- Trainspotting by Irvine Welsh
- With Bold Knife and Fork by M. F. K. Fisher
I also wouldn’t say no to a pair of puppies, a bunny or purple slipper socks.