- I am absolutely terrified of yeast because it’s a) alive and b) grows, and yet wiggly, jiggly Jell-O is not a problem for me. Most likely because Jell-O doesn’t double in size when left alone on the counter with a towel over its head.
- My favorite thing to snack on as a child were Chips Ahoy! I would cram as many as I could fit into a beer stein, smoosh it down, and then douse it all in milk. Then I would skim off the soggy dough and suck the chips until they turned into melted streaks in my spoon.
- I cannot listen to music when I cook — my mind needs to follow a storyline, so I plug my laptop in near the fridge and watch something on Hulu or pop in a DVD. I get too antsy otherwise. When I write, though, I absolutely must listen to music; I can’t think about it too much or else I’ll start to obsess over my playlist, so I put iTunes or Pandora on shuffle and skip songs only occasionally.
- When I have a sore throat, all I want to eat are milkshakes and baguettes. Milkshakes to soothe the burn and baguettes to scratch the itch. Ideally, the milkshake will be strawberry or maybe even orange-vanilla, and the baguette must be as fresh as possible to maximize its effectiveness as a scratching tool.
- I want so desperately to move. While a lot of my friends are in Boston, I still think about what it would be like to live in a different city, walk down different streets, find new places to eat and shop. Particularly the eat…
- The dish I like to prepare the most is the easiest I know: pan-fried and broiled rib-eye steak. I just love the smell of the meat cooking.