I love lists and I can’t believe it has taken me this long to make one. Here we go.
- Tearing into a mini Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup to find it nestled in not one, but two brown paper wrappers.
- Ripping the pith off of a grapefruit.
- Hot fudge sundaes in parfait glasses.
- The absolutely intoxicating aroma of butter melting in a hot pan.
- The embarrassing sort of farting noise pudding makes when slurped.
- The coffee from the Restaurant Orphée in Regensburg, Germany.
- The smell of Regensburg, Germany — I swear to you, the entire city smells of sugar, I think from all of the cones being made in the gelaterias.
- The scattering of granular breadcrumbs left behind on a plate after eating pandesal.
- Anything and everything that has to do with boereg.
- The shiny, waxy, almost-black skin of a ripe eggplant.