46. I couldn’t tell you precisely why, but I find World War II utterly fascinating. When I was in Amsterdam not too long ago, Keith pretty much had to drag me out of the Dutch Resistance Museum. And this was after we had been there for more than three hours.
47. I don’t think, in the past five years, that a day has passed in my life where I haven’t eaten some cheese.
48. Much to Keith’s and my parents’ combined chagrin, I have no interest in money — by this I mean investing, CDs, IRAs, bonds, stocks, whatever. I can’t help it; it all makes little sense to me, and if I have someone taking care of it for me, what’s the big deal?
49. I had a very scientific method for selecting the paint colors in my apartment. I didn’t just choose colors I liked or thought went well together, I chose ones that both Keith and I look good in. I figured that we’re going to be “in” the shades the most, so we may as well look our best. My favorites are the blues in the living room (“December Eve”) and bedroom (“Bayside”), both by Behr.
50. This isn’t very “cool” to admit but here goes: I’m not really into Thanksgiving, mostly because I don’t really like turkey. What I do like are the sides, though the kind of sides my family has aren’t even remotely traditional. I’ll tell you more about that in a few days, I promise.