This is the “I’m feeling better” post.
41. When I have a cold and then, appropriately, get stuffy and nasal-y, I apparently sound like Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer.*
42. I’m normally a nitpicky movie-watcher, but when the haze of sickness and Tylenol Cold clouds my judgment, I’m a film studio’s focus group’s dream. I’ll buy into whatever lame-o plot devices the filmmakers throw at me without question, which is probably why I laughed coughed so much during Land of the Lost, didn’t mind the irritating twin robots in Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen and made it all the way through G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra without scoffing.
43. If I’ve got a sore throat, I’ll intentionally choose things to eat and drink that will either soothe or scratch it on the way down. Examples include pizza/anything with melted cheese, toast with butter and strawberry jam, Coke Zero, shrimp-and-tofu stew from FuLoon and warm milk with honey.
44. Generally speaking, I’m happy to be a homebody — this goes out the window when I’m laid up on the sofa. I go absolutely nuts and crave getting out of the apartment, even if I’m too tired to do much more than flail helplessly under layers of blankets.
45. The whole time I was sick, the only thing I wanted was a puppy to warm my nauseous belly. I settled for a water bottle that leaked if I squeezed it.